Adventure down the Nile River aboard the Oberoi Philae and experience Egyptian civilization and culture.
Our Nile River cruise aboard the luxury 22-stateroom Oberoi Philae and Nile-view rooms at our boutique Cairo hotel promise a truly distinctive journey. And with the smallest groups in Egypt, never more than 16 guests, our attentive Cairo-based team and expert Egyptologists can take you deeper inside 5,000 years of Egyptian civilization and culture – from the ancient sites of Cairo and the treasures of the Nile Valley to the must-see Temple of Ramses II at Abu Simbel.
AAA Vacations Amenity
Complimentary pre-tour day and night in Cairo at the luxury Kempinski Nile Hotel with chauffeured transfer and breakfast*
AAA Member Benefit
AAA Members save $230 per couple ($115 per person) with their Member Benefit.
Save an extra $600 per couple ($300 per person) when you pay in full at time of booking (not included in rate shown).
- All sight-seeing and shore excursions
- 19 meals
- All on-tour transportation including all three internal flights
- All gratuities except for your Trip Leader; luggage handling, port charges, hotel taxes, and fees
- Be among the first travelers to admire the vibrant drawings and inscriptions in the 4,000-year-old Tomb of Mehu, recently opened to visitors for the first time in 80 years.
- Cairo’s bustling Khan El-Khalili Bazaar is a great place to experience daily life and ancient traditions – as local residents come to enjoy its cafes and restaurants, some dating back hundreds of years.
- Gain insight into ancient life at Deir el-Medina; 3,000 years ago, this village was home to the thousands of artisans and laborers who built the tombs in the Valley of Kings and Queens.
- The Nubian Museum offers a fascinating glimpse into the ancient Nubian civilization that thrived along the Nile as far back as 2,000 BCE.
- We include your round-trip flights to Abu Simbel to tour the Temple of Ramses II, regarded as among the greatest wonders of the ancient world.
Day 1: Welcome to Cairo
Day 2: Extra Day in Cairo
Day 3: Extraordinary sites of antiquity
Explore with an expert Egyptologist as you take a camel ride across the desert to see the Sphinx, Solar Boat of King Cheops, Memphis, Sakara, Step Pyramid of King Zoser and more.
Day 4: Cairo and the Egyptian Museum
Start in historic Tahrir Square before going on a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. Finally, enjoy sightseeing in the Citadel, Old Cairo, and the bazaar before returning to Kempinski.
Day 5: Board the Oberoi Philae
Fly to Luxor to board the stylish Oberoi Philae for lunch, then step ashore to explore the Karnak Temple.
Day 6: Valley of the Kings and Queens
Explore the West Bank, where 64 ancient Egyptian rulers lie, including King Tutankhamen and Ramses VI, before heading to the Colossi of Memnon and the village of Deir el-Medina.
Day 7: Edfu and on to Kom Ombo
Stop in Edfu to see the Temple of Haroeris, board for lunch and afternoon tea, and then return to shore to visit Temple of Kom Ombo
Day 8: Aswan High Dam
See one of the engineering marvels of the MODERN world: The High Dam at Aswan. You’ll also visit the Temple of Philae and tour the Nubian Museum.
Day 9: The Temples of Abu Simbel
Fly to Abu Simbel and tour the Temple of Ramses II before flying back to Cairo for the final night.
Day 10: A Fond Farewell to Cairo
*Price shown is per person based on double occupancy including Nile-view room at our Cairo hotel and luxury outside cabin aboard the Oberoi Philae. Price is before any discount or Member Benefit for travel on March 6, 2020.