With our expert Egyptologists and a congenial group of never more than 16 guests, the Age of the Pharaohs will come to life. The amazing sites of antiquity you’ll explore every day are matched only by A+R’s luxury Nile-view boutique hotel in Cairo and their elegant Nile ship, the 22-cabin Oberoi Philae.
AAA Vacations Amenity
- Complimentary pre-tour day and night in Cairo at the luxury Kempinski Nile Hotel with chauffeured transfer and breakfast*
AAA Member Benefit
- Special Double Member Benefit of $230 per person
- Save an extra $600 per couple ($300 per person) when you pay in full at time of booking by Feb 28, 2020. Savings are reflected in price shown.
- All sight-seeing and shore excursions
- 19 meals with wine at dinner
- All on-tour transportation including all three internal flights
- All gratuities except for your Egyptologist guide; luggage handling, port charges, hotel taxes, and fees
- Visit all of Cairo’s ancient sites including the Citadel, Great Pyramids, Memphis, Sakkara and the 4,600-year-old solar boat of King Cheops.
- A guided visit of the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities is the perfect introduction to the Nile sites that you’ll explore on your cruise.
- Tour the monumental temples of Karnak and Luxor, connected to one another by the amazing nearly 2-mile long Avenue of Sphinxes.
- Explore the Valley of Kings including the impressive Tomb of Ramses III and the final resting place of King Tutankhamen.
- Discover the unusual dual-deity temple of Kom Ombo.
- Visit the Nubian Museum to learn about the ancient civilization that thrived along the Nile as far back as 2,000 BCE.
- Fly to Abu Simbel to tour the must-see Temples of Ramses II, one of the world’s most impressive sites of antiquity.
Day 1: Welcome to Cairo
Day 2: Free Day in Cairo
Day 3: Extraordinary sites of antiquity
Explore with an expert Egyptologist as you take a camel ride across the desert to see the Sphinx, Solar Boat of King Cheops, Memphis, Sakara, Step Pyramid of King Zoser and more.
Day 4: Cairo and the Egyptian Museum
Start in historic Tahrir Square before going on a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. Finally, enjoy sightseeing in the Citadel, Old Cairo, and the bazaar before returning to Kempinski.
Day 5: Board the Oberoi Philae
Fly to Luxor to board the stylish Oberoi Philae for lunch, then step ashore to explore the Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple and Avenue of Sphinxes.
Day 6: Valley of the Kings and Queens
Explore the West Bank, where 64 ancient Egyptian rulers lie, including King Tutankhamen and Ramses VI, before heading to the Colossi of Memnon and the village of Deir el-Medina.
Day 7: Edfu and on to Kom Ombo
Stop in Edfu to see the Temple of Haroeris, board for lunch and afternoon tea, and then return to shore to visit Temple of Kom Ombo
Day 8: Aswan High Dam
See one of the engineering marvels of the MODERN world: The High Dam at Aswan. You’ll also visit the Temple of Philae and tour the Nubian Museum.
Day 9: The Temples of Abu Simbel
Fly to Abu Simbel and tour the Temple of Ramses II before flying back to Cairo for the final night.
Day 10: A Fond Farewell to Cairo
*Rate shown is per person based on double occupancy for travel on Jul 24, Aug 21 or Sep 18, 2020. This rate includes Double AAA Member Benefit of $230 per person and $600 per person savings when travelers pay in full at booking by Feb 28, 2020 for travel on any 2020-2021 departure. Itinerary, trip length and number of meals reflect our complimentary AAA Vacations® Journey pre-tour night in Cairo