This rainforest volunteering opportunity enables visitors to connect with Costa Rican culture via the Sarapiquí Conservation Learning Center, as well as participating in a variety of exhilarating activities. Experience the biodiversity of the rainforest while taking part in fulfilling experiences such as English language lessons and reforestation programs.
Avanti Destinations makes it easy for people to travel with family and friends. We’ve been inspiring independent travelers with innovative and authentic vacations for over 36 years. Independent travelers want the perfect trip: multiple destinations with special interest sightseeing and activities; accommodations with personality and style; and smooth, trouble free connections throughout.
- Choose to either embark on an adventurous white-water rafting trip down the Sarapiquí River, a ride through the countryside on horseback, rappel down craggy cliffs, or a relaxing float trip down a gentler river.
- Volunteer at the Sarapiquí Conservation Learning Center
- Visiting a local elementary school and giving a lesson in English or computer literacy.
3 Nights Selva Verde Lodge
AAA Member Benefit
$50 off per person on packages of 3 nights accommodations or longer (must include a full day excursion per person to qualify for the member benefit). Can`t be combined with the $100 member benefit.
Coupon Code: AAATOUR50
- Roundtrip ground transfers
- Choice of canopy, rafting, rappelling, or horseback riding
- Volunteer at Sarapiquí Conservation Learning Center plus lunch
- Daily breakfast
Land Only – Price does not include air travel, is per person, based double occupancy and subject to availability. Price may vary slightly by month of travel. The Selva Verde Lodge is closed during the month of July.