Explore a land of fascinating history, varied landscapes and diverse cultural traditions on our classic tour of Germany! Journey along the Yellow Roads – such as the scenic Black Forest High Road and the fabled “Romantic Road” – through fairy-tale forests and past medieval castles. Immerse yourself in history in Heidelberg, Munich, Frankfurt, Dresden, Rothenburg and Berlin. Take a private cruise on the Rhine; dine at a romantic Black Forest pudelstein hut; explore Bavarian King Ludwig’s Linderhof Palace, inspired by Versailles; take a private tour of the New Green Vault in Dresden’s Royal Palace, and enjoy special dinner atop the historic German Parliament building (Reichstag). Attend a cooking demonstration – or take a tour of the Mercedes-Benz Museum; enjoy a sparkling wine and picnic lunch featuring “horseless carriages;” a choice of guided visits to select Berlin museums and more. From the Rhine River valley to the mountains of Bavaria, there is something exciting every day of this in-depth two-week trip that immerses you in Romantic Germany!
AAA Member Benefit
- $150 per person off the purchase of Tauck Coach Class Air on international flight
- $300 per person off the purchase of Tauck Business Class Air on international flights
- $50 per person allowance will be given off of the tour if Tauck Air is not available or we do not offer air
- TAUCK’S YELLOW ROADS! Drive along the Black Forest High Road, the Romantic Road & other scenic byways of the German countryside past fairy-tale forests and medieval castles
- Sparkling wine picnic lunch transported in style via old-timer Aagland “horseless carriages” – the same ones used during the 2018 German Royal wedding
- A museum pass and audio guide for museums on Berlin’s Museumsinsel (Museum Island)
- A private riverboat cruise along the Rhine River
- Guided tour of the Mercedes-Benz Museum or an interactive cooking demonstration featuring German specialties
- Dinner at a romantic “pudelstein” hut in the heart of the Black Forest
- Special farewell reception in Berlin at a chic restaurant atop the German Bundestag, the national Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany, overlooking the city
- A private visit to King Ludwig II’s opulent Linderhof Palace, inspired by the Palace of Versailles
- A private tour of the New Green Vault in Dresden’s Royal Palace
Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coach transportation, entertainment, special dinners, sightseeing, porterage, and the services of local guides, drivers and the Tauck Director are included. Transportation from Frankfurt International Airport (Rhein-Main-Flughafen) to Villa Kennedy Frankfurt or Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is included, regardless of the time you check in to the hotel, provided you have furnished us with accurate flight information at least three weeks prior to the start of the tour. If you are arriving into a local train station please retain a receipt from your taxi and submit it to your Tour Director for reimbursement. Transportation is also included from the Regent Berlin Hotel to Berlin-Tegel Airport or to a local train station when you check out of the hotel. Transportation to and from airports and train stations may be shared with other Tauck guests.