Make the holidays even more magical for your family by joining our 8-day family river cruise departing December 23 (eastbound, from Munich) aboard ms Joy. Our weeklong celebration filled with European holiday festivities both onboard and ashore will delight both the young and the young at heart. Your family will discover Europe’s 700-year-old holiday markets tradition in historic town centers, decorated, lit up, and brimming with the sights, flavors, scents, and music of the season. Magic’s in the air along with the aromas of roasting sausages, gingerbread, cinnamon, hot gluhwein, crackling fires, and evergreens. Sightseeing is designed for all generations to enjoy together – in Oberndorf, home of “Silent Night”… at Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna and magnificent Melk Abbey… in Old Town Bratislava with medieval games and a scavenger hunt… and in Budapest, “the Pearl of the Danube.” Your family will toast the season during a Tauck Exclusive evening at a private palace in Vienna with dinner, a performance, and a waltzing lesson!
AAA Member Benefit
- $150 per person off the purchase of Tauck Coach Class Air on international flight
- $300 per person off the purchase of Tauck Business Class Air on international flights
- $50 per person allowance will be given off of the tour if Tauck Air is not available or we do not offer air
- Tauck’s private shore excursions and distinctive inclusions valued at $2,115
- A Tauck Exclusive evening at a private Viennese palace – with dinner, entertainment, and a waltzing lesson
- Visit to Oberndorf, birthplace of the carol “Silent Night”
- A visit to Baroque Salzburg and, weather permitting, a funicular ride up to the city’s hilltop fortress
- In Passau, a choice of a walking tour of Old Town and a sweets-making workshop at a local café; a guided geo-caching game in Old Town; or a guided hike with a holiday theme and storytelling
- In the Wachau Valley, a choice between a guided visit to Melk Abbey or a walking tour of Old Town Krems; and a choice between a wine tasting or a hike to Kuenringer Castle in Dürnstein (weather permitting)
- Visits to Schönbrunn Palace and the Prater amusement park in Vienna
- Medieval games, a walking tour, and a scavenger hunt in Old Town Bratislava
- A tour of Budapest taking in the castle district, Fisherman’s Bastion, Heroes Square, and more
- Traditional European holiday dinner and events aboard the riverboat
Cruise prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All riverboat accommodations, motor coach transportation, port charges, land excursions, admissions, entertainment, special dinners, beverages aboard the riverboat (including unlimited soft drinks, regional wine, beer and premium spirits), sightseeing, porterage, and the services of the ship staff, the local guides and motor coach drivers, the Tauck Director and the Tauck Cruise Director are included. Transportation from Munich Franz Josef Strauss Airport (MUC) and Munich’s main train station (Hauptbahnhof) to the riverboat is included, regardless of the time of your arrival, provided you have furnished us with accurate flight arrival information at least three weeks prior to the start of your cruise. Please note that transfer time to the riverboat from Munich is approximately 2 hours. If you choose to arrive earlier than the cruise departure date and arrange with us for additional night(s) at the Tauck-designated, pre-tour hotel, we will provide you with transportation from the airport/train station to the hotel and from the hotel to the riverboat. Transportation is also included from the riverboat to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport or Budapest Keleti Train Station or the Tauck-designated, post-tour hotel, if you arrange with us to extend your stay at the hotel. Transportation to the airport or the central train station from the Tauck-designated post-tour hotel is also included whenever you choose to depart. Transportation to and from airports and train stations may be shared with other Tauck guests. If you are staying at a hotel other than the Tauck-designated hotel before or after your tour, contact Tauck regarding your various transfer options.
Child Pricing: Children less than 18 years of age must be booked in a room with at least one adult; exceptions may be granted under certain circumstances with parental consent. Quadruple accommodations are not available for four persons 18 and older. Tauck Travel Protection is not discounted for children.