Fall head over heels for Puglia – an unspoiled, food lover’s paradise. See the curious trulli and sparkling white towns, the unique beauty of the Bay of Naples, and the sun-drenched Isle of Capri.
Insight Vacations has been creating magical experiences for travelers for over 40 years. When you travel with Insight, you not only visit incredible places, but connect with them, in an authentic way. Let them share their passion with you and take you on an unforgettable journey. They’ll immerse you in unique experiences and introduce you to amazing people. The magic begins here!
AAA Member Benefit
$80 Optional Experiences Voucher
Save 7.5% per person when you book and pay in full by February 27, 2020.*
- Insight Experiences: We connect guests with local characters who really bring a destination to life. With more thoughtfully selected, premium experiences included, we proudly provide the value they deserve.
- Deliciously Authentic Dining: Guests are immersed in the heart and soul of a destination and its people
- Travel & Stay in Style: Hand-picked hotels are always in the right locations-be they central or scenic- and journeys are enjoyed on our exclusive 40-seat customized coaches with twice as much legroom, so that guests can stretch out in comfort and admire the view.
- Smaller Group Camaraderie: With never more than 40 and an average of 32, our groups are just the right size. Large enough to bring like-minded guests together and small enough to travel with ease.
- Passionate Travel Directors: Experts at delivering seamless, magical travel experiences, they receive outstanding feedback from our guests.
- Rome: During your orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Alberobello: Led by a Local Expert, explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site showcasing the Trulli of Alberobello. Circular structures with conical roofs that are domed within, built from local limestone and stacked without using mortar.
- Matera: With your Local Expert, visit the famous Sassi or cave dwellings, which were home to approximately 20,000 people until 1950 and are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise by hydrofoil to this famous isle through beautiful blue Mediterranean waters to meet your Local Expert
WELCOME TO ROME.
Transfers to your hotel depart from Rome’s Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 09:30, 12:30 and 15:30. Join your Travel Director at 17:30 to explore the Eternal City, passing the Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city. Get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant Welcome Dinner as you dine at your hotel’s restaurant, Unique al Palatino.
DAY 2 – RELAXED START
ACROSS THE APENNINES TO THE TRULLI TOWN OF ALBEROBELLO.
Head southeast, through the sun-baked landscapes to the region of Puglia and its most spectacular town, Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With your Local Expert, explore the small, white-washed stone houses – known as Trulli – which are clustered together throughout the city and built entirely without mortar.
DAY 3 – RELAXED START
Puglia is a paradise for wine-lovers. Join an expert vintner for a tasting of the region’s most robust and structured reds – as rich and complex as anything you’ll find in Tuscany! For your Dine-at-Home experience, you are welcomed into a local family’s home. See Nonna making orecchiette pasta and join her for a traditional freshly prepared southern Italian meal.
DAY 4 – RELAXED START
FREE TIME IN ALBEROBELLO.
The day is free for you to enjoy this extraordinary town as you wish. Why not join an Optional Experience to the stunning city of Ostuni? With its dazzling white-washed houses and fascinating history, it is a true delight.
THE SASSI DI MATERA AND SORRENTO.
Visit Matera with a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sassi — a labyrinth of cave dwellings, churches, staircases and arches, hewn out of the solid rock. You may recognise Matera as the biblical backdrop for the film ‘The Passion of the Christ.’ Your journey continues with rolling green hills and wide mountain views paving the way, as you head towards the Tyrrhenian Sea. Take the dramatic coastal road to the lively clifftop town of Sorrento. Perched upon the cliffs, look out to see the mighty Mount Vesuvius across the Bay of Naples.
CAPRI, THE ISLE OF DREAMS.
Cruise by hydrofoil through the impossibly blue sea to the sun-drenched island of Capri. On arrival, ride an open-top taxi up to Capri town where your Local Expert escorts you to Caesar Augustus Gardens for views of the Faraglioni rocks and a refreshing lemon granita. After exploring the winding cobble streets, descend to the port by funicular before returning to Sorrento where you are at leisure for the rest of the day.
DAY 7 – RELAXED START
THE AMALFI COAST AND POSITANO.
Travel along Italy’s finest coastline, the Amalfi Coast. Stop for a bird’s-eye view of the terraced houses of Positano before venturing in to the heart of the town. There’s time to be tempted by the boutiques before returning to Sorrento to enjoy stunning views down to the clear waters of the Bay of Naples. Maybe relax over coffee and contemplate your options. You could stroll down to the harbour, visit the Church of St. Francis, take a swim from the foot of the cliffs or just relax and enjoy the warm, southern sunshine.
ON TO ILL-FATED POMPEII AND ROME.
Journey north to the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, eerily preserved by the eruptions of Mount Vesuvius in A.D. 79. Your Local Expert walks you through cobbled streets to explore some of the shops, villas and temples. Witness the colourful frescoes that were hidden for centuries. Continue beneath the brooding hilltop monastery of Monte Cassino and back to Rome where your journey reaches its zenith in the evening. In the heart of the Eternal City, you are treated to a quintessential Italian experience – fine food, wine, music and a private performance of enchanting operetta for your Celebration Dinner.
Departure transfers arrive at Rome’s Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 07:00 and 09:30.
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. *7.5% Early Payment Discount: New bookings only. Prices are per person, land-only, and consider double occupancy (single supplements apply). Applies only to trips featuring the EPD in the price panel – see 2020 Insight Vacations Europe & Britain brochure for details. Based on availability, does not apply to all trips/departures, and may be withdrawn at any time and without notice. PAYMENT: A deposit of up to $200-$350 per person is due within 3 days of booking with full payment by 27 FEB 2020 or 60 days before departure, whichever is sooner. Further restrictions apply. Contact your Travel Advisor for details. CST No. 20687545-20.