This is the Best of Croatia and Slovenia. Trace the walls of ancient capitals, pretty Adriatic seaside retreats and natural icons like Plitvice and Lake Bled – an enchanting journey full of Trafalgar Highlights throughout Croatia and Slovenia.
AAA Member Benefit
- $40 Optional Experience Voucher per Person
Trafalgar Current Promotion
7.5% Early Payment Discount
- Save $300 per couple on airfare to Europe
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- 14 Meals: 10 Breakfasts, 4 Dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- 10 nights’ accommodation at cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- CONNECT WITH LOCALS – On their fifth-generation-owned family farm in Bled, you’ll enjoy an exclusive ‘Be My Guest’ dinner and guided walk around the farm with Monika, Gregor, their children and the resident farm animals. (Day 3)
- DIVE INTO CULTURE – In Ston, visit the salt pans that date back to the 2nd century BC and are surrounded by expansive fortifications still intact to this day. (Day 9)
- LOCAL SPECIALIST – For included sightseeing in Zagreb, Pula, Rovinj, Trogir, Split and Dubrovnik
- ORIENTATION of Ljubljana, Bled, Opatija and Ston
- VISIT the Church of Assumption on Bled Island, the arena in Pula, Plitvice National Park, Diocletian’s Palace in Split and the salt pans in Ston
- VIEW the Park of Sv. Jakov in Opatija and the lakes and waterfalls of Plitvice National Park
- SEE Zagreb’s Ban Jelačić Square, the Opera House and Castle of Ljubljana and the Old City of Dubrovnik
- SCENIC CRUISE to Bled Island
Best of Croatia And Slovenia Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Zagreb
The capital city of Zagreb is your springboard to an enchanting journey through what was once a troubled region and is today a land of diverse cultures and traditions.
Day 2: Zagreb Sightseeing – Bled (2 Nights)
Spend the morning exploring Zagreb with a ‘Local Specialist’ before travelling through romantic landscapes to the lakeside resort town of Bled, where we’ll stay the next two nights.
Day 3: Bled Orientation and Free time
Sail on Lake Bled’s crystal-clear waters to Bled Island to view its Church of the Assumption. Spend the rest of the day exploring on your terms, or consider joining an Optional Experience to Slovenia’s largest glacier lake. This evening, savour local Slovenian flavours as you ‘Connect With Locals’ at a traditional ‘Be My Guest’ dinner with a local family.
Day 4: Bled – Ljubljana – Opatija (2 Nights)
We leave the beauty of Bled behind for one of Europe’s smallest capitals. Embark on an orientation tour of Ljubljana this morning, admiring its Old Town, bridges and Castle. We continue to the seaside resort of Opatija.
Day 5 – Pula and Rovinj Excursion and Opatija Free Time
You’ll start your day in the coastal city of Pula on Croatia’s Istrian Peninsula. Visit Pula’s 1st-century arena, with your ‘Local Specialist’, and learn about the city’s role as a strategic location for the Romans, Ostrogoths, Venetians and the Allied Forces in World War II, before heading to the fishing port of Rovinj.
Day 6 – Opatija – Plitvice
The extraordinary natural beauty of Plitvice lakes centre stage today as we embark on a guided walking tour. Admire the cascade of spectacular waterfalls and crystal-clear waters reflecting green, grey and blue against the lush landscapes. Enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 7 – Plitvice – Trogir – Split (2 Nights)
Today, we visit the walled island of Trogir with a ‘Local Specialist’. We continue our journey to Split, where we’ll join a ‘Local Specialist’ for a sightseeing tour, which includes entry into Diocletian’s Palace, built for the emperor’s retirement. Spend the evening on your own, or join an Optional Experience to enjoy traditional Dalmatian flavours.
Day 8 – Split Free Day or Optional Excursion to a Dalmatian Island
Consider a full-day Optional Experience to one of the Dalmatian islands. Ascend the bell tower for magnificent views of the sprawling terracotta roofs and white marble façades that edge onto the Adriatic. Or savour the city’s delicious gastronomy at cafés tucked away in hidden lanes.
Day 9 – Split – Ston – Dubrovnik (2 Nights)
Admire the extraordinary walled city of Ston. ‘Dive Into Culture’ and visit Europe’s oldest salt pans where you’ll hear how salt has been harvested here since ancient times. We continue to Dubrovnik this evening.
Day 10 – Dubrovnik Sightseeing
Tread in the footsteps of Lord Byron and George Bernard Shaw, who were intoxicated by the allure of Dubrovnik. With your ‘Local Specialist’, you’ll embark on a sightseeing tour past the Rector’s Palace, Onofrio’s Fountain and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, before spending time on your own.
Day 11 – Depart Dubrovnik
*Save up to 7.5% with Early Payment Discount (EPD) on the land portion of 2020 worldwide trips when booked and paid in full by February 27, 2020. Savings not valid on all itineraries and/or departure dates, are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. EPD is not available on Greece and Eastern Mediterranean trips. Prices are per person, land only, based on double occupancy, are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Save up to $300 per couple ($150 per person) on Economy class or $400 per couple ($200 per person) on Premium Economy class flights booked with select airlines on Trafalgar Europe guided vacations. Valid on new bookings only. Must be booked by February 27, 2020 and paid in full at time of final land payment; valid for travel departing December 12, 2019 through May 31, 2020 and September 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020. All travel must be completed by November 15, 2020. Savings not valid on all itineraries and/or departure dates, are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Savings are combinable with brochure discounts and all other offers. If base airfare is less than the amount of the discount being advertised, the maximum discount will be up to the base airfare amount. Conditions apply. An additional 5% Very Important Traveler Plus (VIT+) discount is valid on new bookings for past guests who have previously traveled with TTC brands four or more times and are booking their fifth or more trip. VIT+ guests will save 5% on all trips, all destinations, all year round. Savings are valid on the land only portion of select itineraries, are not valid on airfares and extra night’s accommodations and may be withdrawn at any time without notice; combinable with most offers, but some exclusions apply. These new VIT discounts/savings replace all previous Past Guest/Frequent Traveler Discounts and are not in addition to. Conditions apply. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the above content. Trafalgar cannot be held responsible for typographical errors or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances. CST#2077132-20