MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Make sure you know what AAA membership covers, what’s excluded and how you can prepare for a roadside assistance situation.
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE RULES
REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALTERNATE SERVICE
PREMIER MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
GIFT CARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
PRIVACY STATEMENT & DISCLOSURES
- TO OBTAIN SERVICE: Call 800.AAA.HELP, request help online or request service through the AAA mobile app for iphone or android.
- COVERAGE: The card can be used only by the person whose name is on the card. Membership covers the individual member and is not transferrable. A member cannot use their AAA service for someone else if the member is not present.
- SERVICES COVERED: Each AAA member, including each associate on a joint membership, is covered for four (4) service calls per membership year. Additional service calls will be honored, but a $55 surcharge per call will be applied to the membership.
- MEMBERSHIP YEAR & BILLING: Membership dues are billed annually. Updated membership cards for the new membership year (including an updated membership expiration date) are provided to you in advance with the first dues bill we send. All membership services (including roadside assistance) will continue to be available to you during a grace period of 30 days after your membership expiration date. From 31 to 60 days past your membership expiration date you will be required to pay your renewal dues prior to receiving roadside assistance services. All services other than roadside assistance will continue to be available during a period of 60 days after your membership expiration date, even if we have not received your renewal dues. Your membership will be cancelled after 60 days past your membership expiration date unless your renewal dues are paid in full.
- FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN – MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS: Enrollment in the Monthly Installment Plan is an agreement for a full year of membership with AAA Oregon/Idaho. Monthly installments (which include a $1.50 service fee) will be automatically charged to your credit or debit card. AAA Oregon/Idaho is not responsible for overdraft charges. New or returning members in need of instant roadside assistance are not eligible for the Monthly Installment Plan. In the event of a payment decline, AAA Oregon/Idaho will attempt to collect all past due amounts. Enrollment in the Monthly Installment Plan can be cancelled at any time. Refunds are not available with the Monthly Installment Plan.
THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS ARE NOT COVERED BY AAA MEMBERSHIP:
- More than one tow per disablement.
- Reimbursement for towing ordered by the police or other proper entity because a vehicle is illegally parked or impounded due to a violation of a state or local ordinance.
- Attaching or removing tire chains.
- Loss of traction due to weather conditions when the eligible vehicle is otherwise operable.
- Seasonal changing of studded or snow tires.
- Shoveling snow or extricating vehicles from snow in driveways or parking lots.
- Towing to or from junkyards or salvage lots.
- Rotating tires.
- Service where we or our contractor deem a road is not safely passable due to snow or obstructions such as slides, fallen trees, flood, etc.
- Service to any vehicle that has become disabled, wrecked, or stuck if it was intentionally driven off or away from a normally traveled road, street, or driveway; such as onto a vacant lot, yard, field, creek, river bed, beach, logging or Forest Service road. Exception is made where there is a posted detour around a normally traveled roadway.
- Service to unattended vehicles. (Under extenuating circumstances, and with prior approval of the Club, exceptions may be made.)
- Roadside assistance to a member who appears unable to safely operate his/her vehicle.
- Storage or repair costs.
- Cost of providing alternate transportation.
- EMERGENCY CONDITIONS: Snow, unusual or extreme hot or cold weather, heavy rainfall, and unusually heavy traffic can sometimes cause service delays. Under these conditions, the Club reserves the right to delay some services until the extreme demand for service is over.
- INSTANT SERVICE: If you need road service and you’re not currently a member, you can sign up and get same-day service for an additional fee. Instant Service will be provided, but is limited to Basic membership level services for the pre-existing breakdown. A $45 Instant Service fee must be paid when service is requested. AAA Oregon/Idaho reserves the right to deny Instant Service during times of extreme demand such as inclement weather conditions.
- REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALTERNATE SERVICE: You will save by calling AAA and following the procedures listed in the benefits section of this guide before utilizing alternate service. AAA reserves the right to adjust refunds in accordance with AAA contract rates. If you have followed these procedures and AAA service is not available, you may obtain your service and submit the original receipt to AAA within 60 days. Reimbursements will be based on the prevailing commercial rate for the region where the vehicle was disabled. For lockout reimbursement, see information under Lockout Service. If you do not have your card, and membership cannot be verified, reimbursement will be provided at contract rates. In instances where the AAA contractor’s access is restricted (toll roads and limited access highways), reimbursement will be provided.
- COVERED VEHICLES: Service applies to all licensed, four-wheeled motor-driven vehicles of the passenger, pleasure, and recreational type (including rental and commercial vehicles) if those services can be safely delivered with normal automobile servicing equipment, including sling, wheel lift devices, flatbed car carriers, and dollies.
- VEHICLES EXCLUDED FROM COVERAGE: Taxi cabs and limousines are excluded from coverage.
- VEHICLES COVERED UNDER PLUS RV & PREMIER RV: Motor homes, travel trailers, and pickups with a camper attached—no length limits. Recreational trailers up to 26 feet in length, including horse trailers, boat trailers, and other recreational trailers transporting personal watercraft, snowmobiles, motorcycles, or other state licensed recreation vehicles.
AAA Oregon/Idaho provides disabled bicycle transportation service to all membership levels. Bicycle coverage applies to the bicycle you are riding at the time the bicycle becomes disabled. Bicycle service is provided only within the AAA Oregon/Idaho coverage area, which includes Oregon and the southern 34 counties of Idaho.
Benefits for Bicycle Service DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Reimbursement for impounding ordered by the police or other proper entity because bicycle was impounded due to a violation of a state or local ordinance.
- Service off of normally traveled roads or streets. If bicycle breakdown occurs off or away from a normally traveled road or street, such as on a field, creek, river bed or beach, or logging or Forest Service road, service will only be provided if bicycle can be moved by the member to a normally traveled road.
- Service to unattended bicycles. (Under extenuating circumstances, and with prior approval of the Club, exceptions may be made.)
- Storage or repair costs.
- More than one transportation per disablement.
- Cost of providing alternate transportation.
- Since Bicycle Service is only provided in the AAA Oregon/Idaho coverage area which includes Oregon and the southern 34 counties of Idaho, reimbursement is not available when service is provided outside the AAA Oregon/Idaho coverage area.
- Fatigue and physical inability to continue with ride. Exception may apply for an injury that occurred as a result of a bicycle accident.
- Rendering mechanical first aid or changing of a flat tire.
- Rendering service to break or cut a lock on a secured bicycle.
- Service where we or our contractor deem a road is not safely passable due to snow or obstructions such as slides, fallen trees, flood, etc.
Accident Away From Home Expense, Trip Interruption and Vehicle Return, Emergency Breakdown Rental Car Program, and Theft Reward do not apply to bicycle coverage.
AAA Premier members receive extended coverages and benefits beyond those in the Basic and Plus membership levels. Please note the exclusions and specific limitations of the coverages and services and other disclosures noted herein and in your AAA Membership Handbook, the content which is incorporated herein by reference. We recommend you review the Oregon Premier Membership Handbook or Idaho Premier Membership Handbook and your regular AAA Oregon Membership Handbook or AAA Idaho Membership Handbook for all of the AAA benefits and services available to you. If you need a new AAA Membership Handbook, simply call 1-800-333-9071 for assistance.
200 Mile Tow
AAA Premier members receive four roadside assistance calls per member, per year, one of which can be a tow of up to 200 miles.
- All roadside assistance benefits apply to your existing covered vehicles, with the exception of recreational vehicles*, which are ineligible for the 200-mile tow.
- If any service calls, or the 200-mile tow, are not used during a membership year, they cannot be accumulated and carried over to the next membership year.
- For any towing miles in excess of 200 miles for the 200 miles tow benefit, or in excess of 100 miles for the remaining tows during your membership years, members will pay for the excess mileage based on current commercial towing rates per mile.
- Members can ‘’save’’ their 200-mile tow at any time during a membership year by exercising the option to pay current commercial towing rates per mile on tows over 100 miles.
- Pre-existing breakdowns are not covered.
- Roadside Assistance coverage provided in the U.S. and Canada only.
*Service applies to all licensed, four-wheeled motor-driven vehicles of the passenger, (including rental and commercial vehicles) if those services can be safely delivered with normal automobile servicing equipment, including sling, wheel lift devices, flatbed car carriers, and dollies. Dual-wheel campers/motor homes are eligible for lockout, fuel delivery, and jump start services only. Dual-wheel unloaded pickup trucks are eligible for all services except tire service. Taxi cabs, sprinter vans, box vans and limousines are excluded from coverage. Recreational vehicle coverage is only available to those members who hold AAA Plus RV Membership. The 200-mile tow benefit excludes recreational vehicles.
Home Lockout Reimbursement
If Premier Members accidentally lock themselves out of their home, or if their house keys are lost or stolen, they can contact a local locksmith and AAA will reimburse the Premier member up to $100 for the locksmith’s assistance.
Please see below for important details:
- Members can be reimbursed for one home lockout service call per household, per membership year. Note: This per household limit is different than the roadside assistance services limit which is per member, per year.
- AAA will reimburse the member up to $100 for the locksmith’s service call fee.
- Member must provide receipt of transaction in order to receive reimbursement.
- Home lockout service does not count as one of the four roadside assistance service calls Premier members are allowed each membership year.
- The costs to replace locks, including parts and labor and the cost to replace keys, are not covered.
- Premier Member must show proof of home-ownership prior to receiving home lockout service.
- In the case of rental property, approval of the property owner may be required.
- Locksmith services should be obtained by the member, as AAA’s regular auto locksmith services may not be authorized to provide home lockout assistance.
- To apply for reimbursements, click here or call 1-800-333-9071 to receive the home lockout reimbursement application form.
Emergency Breakdown Car Rental Program
The AAA Premier member has up to 48 hours from the time of the tow to call AAA Oregon/Idaho at 1-800-333-9071 and request the complimentary rental car day. The emergency breakdown rental car benefit is not available at a Hertz rental counter or by calling the Hertz Reservation Center. The benefit is only available by calling the AAA Oregon/Idaho Premier Hotline and must be associated with a roadside assistance call.
The rental may be compact to full-size car class. Standard Hertz rental qualifications apply (including age, driver and credit qualifications). The car must be returned to the location of rental. Taxes, fees, optional service charges, such as refueling, are not subject to discount and are the responsibility of the renter. No coupons or promotions apply.
Travel Insurance and Assistance Services
AAA Oregon/Idaho AAA Premier Trip Interruption and Vehicle Return group insurance benefits and Assistance Services are provided to all AAA Premier members as long as the Master Policy with BCS Insurance Company remains in force.
These benefits are subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
Trip Interruption Coverage*
WHAT IS COVERED
Covered Persons on Covered Travel are reimbursed up to $1,500 per trip for out-of-pocket expenses for the cost of reasonable additional Accommodations and meal expenses and/or the cost of Substitute Transportation to continue the trip, incurred as a result of overnight covered trip delay. Only expenses for the first 96 hours from the initial delay are eligible for coverage. The coverage only extends to Covered Travel in the United States and Canada.
The covered reasons for delay are:
- Vehicle disablement due to mechanical failure (excluding tire trouble) or an accident that renders the Vehicle inoperable at least overnight;
- Theft of a Vehicle;
- Unexpected illness or injury requiring the Covered Person to receive treatment by a Physician who advises delay of the trip;
- Natural disasters; or
- Severe storms or unusual weather phenomena validated by National Weather Service records.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Benefits are not payable for travel which does not meet the definition of Covered Travel, and for any loss, Injury, Illness, delays and/or expenses due to:
- War (whether declared or undeclared), acts of war, military duty, or hostilities of any kind (for example, invasion, rebellion, riots, or insurrections);
- Tire trouble;
- Intentionally self-inflicted harm, including suicide;
- Normal pregnancy or childbirth;
- Mental or nervous health disorders;
- Alcohol or substance abuse, or related illnesses;
- An accident occurring when the Vehicle is being driven by an unlicensed driver or a driver who is not a Covered Person;
- Personal property which is damaged or destroyed;
- Any liability for injuries or property damage;
- The commission or attempted commission of an illegal act;
- The cost of repairs to the Vehicle;
- Cost of fuel expenses;
- Air and/or sea travel;
- Carrier-caused delays;
- Participation in professional athletic events or motor competition (including training);
- The cost of meals, accommodations and Substitute Transportation resulting from delays caused by routine maintenance or minor repairs to the Vehicle.
- In cases where the Covered Person rents a Vehicle for Covered Travel and the Vehicle is disabled or stolen, the Covered Person must make immediate contact with the rental company after the disablement or theft occurs to arrange replacement of the Vehicle. If such contact is not attempted, the Covered Person will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred as a result of the delay. Rental car expenses incurred by the Covered Person to continue the trip will be reimbursed only if the Covered Person rents a Vehicle of comparable or lesser class. Rentals of expensive or exotic automobiles are excluded. Examples of such automobiles include Aston-Martin, Bentley, Bricklin, Daimler, DeLorean, Excalibur, Ferrari, Jensen, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, and Rolls-Royce.
Substitute Transportation expenses on common carrier transportation will be reimbursed for economy fare only.
Trip Interruption coverage is in excess of other insurance or indemnity covering the losses covered under this program. Expenses after 96 hours from the initial delay are not covered.
Vehicle Return Coverage*
WHAT IS COVERED
Covered Persons on Covered Travel are reimbursed up to $500 for transportation of the Vehicle back to the Covered Person’s Primary Residence when an unexpected Illness or Injury prevents completion of the Covered Travel.
The Vehicle must be operable. Transportation must be performed by an accredited professional transport company.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
In addition to the exclusions listed under the Trip Interruption Coverage, Vehicle Return benefits will not be payable if the Vehicle is a rental vehicle or a Vehicle with an original lease term of less than one year OR if the transportation of the Vehicle could have been performed by a Covered Person or by a traveling companion of a Covered Person.
Vehicle Return coverage is in excess of other insurance or indemnity covering the losses covered under this program. Expenses after 96 hours from the initial delay are not covered.
GENERAL PROGRAM PROVISIONS
This guide to benefits and services is not a policy or contract of insurance, but is your most complete source of information. Please be sure to keep it in a safe place. All information contained in the section titled document is subject to the terms and conditions of the Master Policy, a copy of which is in the possession of AAA Oregon/Idaho. The terms and conditions of the Master Policy agree with the terms outlined in this guide to coverage. However, features and benefits are subject to change without notice. The Covered Person agrees to use diligence in doing all things reasonably prudent to avoid or diminish any loss. AGA Service Company will not unreasonably apply this provision to avoid claims hereunder.
AAA Premier Trip Interruption and Vehicle Return benefits are not combinable with AAA Basic or AAA Plus Accident Away From Home protection. AAA Basic or AAA Plus Accident Away From Home protection may be used in lieu of the AAA Premier Trip Interruption and Vehicle Return benefits.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM
Please gather the information below if you have a covered loss during your Covered Travel as it will be requested when you file a claim upon returning home. All claims must be reported to AGA Service Company within 60 days from the date of loss or as soon after that date as is reasonably possible.
Once you report a claim, the Service Associate will set up a claim file for you and send you a claim form. You must send written proof of loss, including any required information necessary to support the claim, to AGA Service Company within 90 days from the date of loss, or as soon after that date as reasonably possible, and in no event, except in the absence of legal capacity, later than one year from the time proof is otherwise required.
- Receipts and itemized bills for all expenses (such as itemized food and lodging receipts);
- Evidence of accident/theft (i.e. original police report);
- Copy of payment for automobile repairs;
- Rental car receipts;
- Common carrier receipts;
- Copy of invoice from accredited professional transport company (Vehicle Return Benefit).
“AAA Premier Member” means a AAA Oregon/Idaho Premier Member, AAA Premier adult associate or AAA Premier dependent associate in good standing.
“Accident” means an unexpected, unintended unforeseeable event causing Injury or property damage.
“Accommodations” means temporary lodging in an establishment licensed to provide temporary lodging to paying guests.
“Covered Person” means a AAA Premier Member whose Primary Residence is in the United States and his/her Immediate Family Members traveling in the same Vehicle during Covered Travel.
“Covered Travel” means a planned leisure automobile trip in the Covered Person’s Vehicle which has taken the Covered Person at least one hundred (100) driving miles from his or her Primary Residence when the incident occurs; which was intended to include at least one overnight stay within the United States or Canada; and which does not exceed, and was not planned to exceed, forty-five (45) consecutive days. Please note: the Covered Person must be at least 100 driving miles from the AAA Premier Member’s Primary Residence when the incident occurs in order to be eligible for the benefits.
Please note: the Covered Person must be at least 100 driving miles from the AAA Premier Member’s Primary Residence when the incident occurs in order to be eligible for the benefits.
“Family Member” means your spouse; parent; child(ren); including children who are or are in the process of becoming adopted; sibling; grandparent or grandchild(ren); step-parent; step-child; or step-sibling; in–laws (parent, son, daughter, brother or sister); aunt; uncle; niece; or nephew.
“Illness” means a sickness, infirmity or disease that causes a loss that begins during Covered Travel.
“Immediate Family Member” means the AAA Premier Member’s spouse and/or unmarried dependent children age 25 or under, including stepchildren and legally adopted children. A grandparent traveling with his or her grandchild who is a AAA Premier dependent associate is also considered an Immediate Family Member.
“Injury” means bodily Injury caused by an Accident, directly and independently of all other causes and sustained during Covered Travel. Benefits for Injury will not be paid for any loss caused by sickness or other bodily diseases or infirmity.
“Physician” means a person who is licensed and legally entitled to practice medicine and who is not a Covered Person or an Immediate Family Member of, nor related to, a Covered Person.
“Primary Residence” means the AAA Premier Member’s billing address which is recognized by AAA Oregon/Idaho, and which must be in the United States.
“Substitute Transportation” means any form of common carrier transportation (i.e. licensed for the transportation of fare-paying passengers, with the exclusion of taxis and limousines) and/or a rental car of equal or lesser vehicle class to the Vehicle. Expensive or exotic automobiles are excluded under this definition.
“Vehicle” means any two-axle motor vehicle designated for private use for travel on paved public roads in which the Covered Person is either driving or riding as a passenger. Moving vans are excluded. [AAA Oregon/Idaho also specifically includes motorcycles and specifically excludes box vans, sprinter vans, off-road vehicles, bicycles, motor homes and trailers.]
“We, Us, or Our” refers to BCS Insurance Company and its agents.
*Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company under Form No. 50.233B. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator for this plan.
By accepting and using Your AAA Oregon/Idaho Gift Card, You are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully and keep a copy for Your records.
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means the person who has received the Gift Card. ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ means AAA Oregon/Idaho.
The Gift Card is not a credit card. Please contact AAA Oregon/Idaho directly for customer service issues, using the contact information on the back of Your Gift Card.
Your Gift Card. The Gift Card is offered to individuals over the age of 18 that lawfully enter into and form contracts under applicable law, and by using the Gift Card You represent and warrant to Us that You are such an individual. We, in Our sole discretion, may refuse to issue a Gift Card for any reason. The amount of funds shown on the records of AAA Oregon/Idaho shall be deemed the balance on the Gift Card, unless You can prove to Our satisfaction in Our sole discretion that there should be a different balance.
Redeeming Gift Cards. Gift Cards may only be redeemed through the AAA Oregon/Idaho service centers and may not be redeemed towards previous purchases. Every purchase made with a Gift Card (plus any applicable shipping/handling fees, taxes, and other fees that may apply) is deducted from the Gift Card balance and any unused Gift Card balance will remain on the Gift Card account. Gift Card balances will be used against the total order placed at the service center and not against specific items of such order. If any purchase exceeds the Gift Card account, the balance must be paid with a credit card or any other payment method accepted in the service center.
Restrictions. Balances on multiple Gift Cards cannot be combined into a combined balance on one or more new Gift Cards and Gift Cards cannot be redeemed together with a coupon for the same order. Except as expressly allowed by AAA Oregon/Idaho, Gift Cards may not be transferred for value or resold. Except to the extent required by applicable law, Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash or checks and Gift Card balances cannot be transferred to credit card accounts or accounts of other means of payment. If applicable law requires AAA Oregon/Idaho to redeem Gift Cards for cash, check, or other means of payment, AAA Oregon/Idaho reserves the right to select any of the foregoing at its discretion. AAA Oregon/Idaho reserves the right to reject the redemption of Gift Cards and request alternative forms of payment, terminate the respective Account, and take legal actions, if AAA Oregon/Idaho reasonably believes that Gift Cards are abused or used or obtained fraudulently.
No expiration date or fees. Gift Cards have no expiration date and AAA Oregon/Idaho charges no fee in connection with the purchase (except for the selected purchase price of the Gift Card) or redemption of Gift Cards.
Lost and Stolen Cards. We are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. Treat your Gift Card like cash, because lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced.
Disclaimer of Liability. In providing the Gift Card services to You, We disclaim any duty or responsibility other than those expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions. The issuer is not liable expressly for the following:
– If through no fault of ours, cardholder does not have enough money on the Gift Card to cover the transaction; or
– If the transaction would exceed the cardholder’s available funds; or
– If the terminal or system was not working properly; or
– If circumstances beyond Our control prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that We may have taken; or
– If there are other exceptions stated in these Terms and Conditions or provided by law.
Amendment. We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time in Our sole discretion by posting a revised copy at least 30 days prior to the effective date of any amendment that results in a reduction in Card services or stricter transaction limitations.
Severability/No Waiver. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Our failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of Our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions, the Gift Card and all transactions hereunder are subject to the laws of the State of Oregon.
The annual subscription price for VIA magazine is included in your membership dues. This amount cannot be deducted.
In addition to dues paid by members, AAA Oregon/Idaho receives commissions and other payments from third parties in connection with the products and services provided to its members.
AAA Membership is not a contract of insurance.